Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Entry for May 08, 2007


I'm back. Yes, It's been awhile but with my wife's birthday and other real life things happening, I haven't been doing as much as I should. Also, I was in a MAJOR funk. Part of it was the Blacktree Designs LOTR Fellowship figures coming out look good to the eye but sucky-suck to the camera. Also just plain Larry's-in-a-funky-piss-ant- I-don't give-a shit-about anything- mood.

Now that that's over with, I went to do some serious painting yesterday and some today, but having the garage door repairman by killed a lot of the earlier part of the day. And this Bloody 90* + hot weather!?! Paint dries on the brush before I can get much done. Paint 1-2, rinse brush in water, 3-4, paint 1-2, etc. I plan to spend tomorrow on the job and getting stuff done.

And as far as infantry, 2nd Platoon needs (I think) 3 more stands of riflemen, 2 more rifle/light MG teams. 3rd Platoon has maybe one stand done, so it's 6 stands riflemen & 6 stands rifle/LMG teams and it's done. The artillery is coming along, and I've started on my 47mm AT guns. The Hv mortar teams are mounted on sticks to be primed. Then it's check the list for what's left. Time to double check & up-date the list.

Oh yeah, I need to get the shot down Zero objective marker done. I have the two marines in the scene painted back from Tim so I'm ready to get going, I just need to figure out if I should add the base texture material and then add the plane or glue the plane down and then add the texture coat. Tim?? I've also started to paint the destroyed Stuart for the other, I may add some dead Japanese around it.

As Tim mentioned in one of his blogs, April 30th, Monday, I got to ride in a B-17. The Collins Foundation has a B-17, B-24 and a B-25 they take around the country and sell rides on. Yes, It was $425 for a 30 minute ride, but it was fantastic! I couldn't get past the radioman/navigators area forward, but I could get by into the waist past the ball turret. I took a great video of what I could see and it was well worth it and something I've always wanted to do. I has a great deal more respect for those brave men who flew in them into combat over Germany, trying to move & fight & fly inside that metal shell. I guess it helped to also be 20 something and shorter than me running around in there.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment