Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I've been Busy....



Working on painting French Foreign Legion for my 2 Hour Wargames demo at the next game convention. As the game is based on the fight in the beginning of "The Mummy" - 1925, Hamunaptra, Egypt - A garrison of the French Foreign Legion is cornered at the ruins of Hamunaptra by a roving band of Tuareg (Arab) warriors. Deserted by their colonel , the Legionnaires fight on under there American Captain Rick O'Connell. So begins the battle at Hamunaptra portrayed in The Mummy (1999). Will the Tuaregs slaughter the Legionnaires? Will O'Connell and Beni survive? Come find out!


I have 20 FFL done, I might need more. My mounted Arabs on the way, and I have a bag of foot figures as well. I need to get figures for Beni and O'Connell. I have a good idea of what I want, I just have to get them.


This is the figure I want to get for O'Connell. It's by Reaper (#50032) and after watching that part of the movie and checking still photos it's not a bad match. He has two .45's out near the end of the combat scenes and I might change on of the guns for a revolver (Reaper sells separate weapons). Artizen has some "Renegade Legionnaire" figures that will work for Beni. I just jhope Brookhurst has the figures, otherwise I have to order them ASAP!
Tim appears to have some terrain I can use, so I need to get going so I can playtest this!
TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment