Thursday, February 8, 2007

Entry for February 08, 2007


Brookhurst doesn't have any more medium FoW bases & I'm down to my last 4! So I guess it's time to work on the Command stands and artillery when I use them up. They said maybe the middle of next week, which would be just before the Con. Currently I have 6 infantry stands and 2 Command Stands done and will have one HMG stand done by Saturday. Tomorrow I can get 1-2 more infantry stands based. I can also get more figures ready on painting sticks and primed and ready to be based. At least one good bit of news is that it's not too hard to cut the damn " good luck" flags off the rifle on some of the infantry as too many of the figures were sculpted with it. I mixed some of the Tamyia Flat Earth paint with the remains of the Vallejo basing putty and that's working very well. I was worried that the Tamyia paint, which dries REALLY quickly, would dry out even when mixed with the basing material in a sealed container. But it didn't and that idea is working to make it quicker & easier to base my Japanese.


I'm also getting more Mahdists done and then can start on the British right after and have at least that gaming project finished . Actually not finished per say...as I just built the example list given in the rules and can still do more units that can be bought in later games. So of course I will need Madhist arty, cavalry and more Brit cavalry and Camel corps.


This Sunday it looks like DBM at Mark's with Dave and Tim. Should be fun. May rain tomorrow and as I'm going to Tim's in the afternoon, could be a problem. We'll see...


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment