Sunday, August 26, 2007

Entry for August 26, 2007


Things are getting finished. The 47mm ATG are finished, my artillery staff stand is almost finished, the 20mm AA gun crew got their uniform paint job and I continue to make more palm trees!


The Executive Decision on the Colonials is on hold till after the Con. Since the Japanese have priority I need to finish them first. I got enough Peter Pig figures to do the 3 stands of "tank hunters" I can have so that can be done as well, but as it's not on my main army list, it's a "after Con" project. The 20mm ATR's are on hold as I don't have enough figures and they are out of the ones I need at Brookhurst. However, that too is not on my main FoW Japanese Army List so it can wait. I do need to re-visit my Italians, to make their air support and DAK allies and the dreaded Italian 88's after the Japanese List is done.


Also got the new Osprey Japanese Tank book in the "Vanguard" series. Very informative on Japanese tanks and where & when used. However, as the war progress, the US just smothered them with 37mm, bazooka and 75mm gun fire from Sherman's and Half-tracks armed with field pieces. As their armor was minimal, you can guess how things went....


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment