Thursday, October 7, 2010

From the Workbench

The last of the Pathans, just before getting the Army Painter Quickshade treatment!
Some 15mm Peter Pig Dervish Camelry for using with "Patrols in the Sudan 1885" rules. I need to get more but I have enough for one unit when these are finished.

Old Glory 28mm Ansar for my Dervish army - Spearmen in process and almost ready for the "Quickshade"! Just a little touch-up and off they go! Spear and shield added first tho...

The Indian gun crew for the Gatling gun seen in the background. This is for my "The Patrol" game. The Sword and the Flame" for February Strategicon. I hope to do a playtesting or two real soon now.


I decided to paint the "Gunga Din" figure I had of the set of figures done for the movie. It's not a really good figure but it wouldn't be right not to have him there.

2 small buildings that are in process for being painted

2 larger buildings. All are use able for the Sudan, Wild West, etc.

The Copplestone Naval infantry I got. Very nice figures .

Grey primed and ready for their blue uniform colors.
So this is what is going on my workbench. A lot as you can see but as I get one project to a point I cannot paint it any further that day I can switch to something else. The buildings need another hit of white drybrushing, paint the wood (doors) and the bricks and it's wash time.
The Pathans shown above just got their "Quickshade" hit today (Wednesday 10/06) so they will be dry tomorrow so I can use the colored "basing" material. Then when that drys, I can spray matt them (Friday) and after that dries later that day I add the grass, whatever to the bases and THEY ARE DONE!! And a couple of my already painted Dervish figures I have been re-basing on round bases got a quick covering of the "Quickshade" as well, to see how they look. If good enough, I might be tempted to go back as give them all a Quickshade" brushing!
This Saturday at the St. Crispins game day in Anaheim Harold said he would like to play "Patrols in the Sudan 1885" so I have to get something ready...shouldn't take too long to come up with a scenario!
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment