Thursday, April 3, 2008

Entry for April 03, 2008

BOOK REVIEW!

"Imperial Vanities - The Adventures of the Baker Brothers and Gordon of Khartoum" By Brian Thompson.

This book is about the entwined stores of these 3 Victorians. 2 of them were brothers, Samuel & Valentine Baker and of course Charles "Chinese" Gordon. Mostly about the Baker brothers, very much the "Gentlemen Adventurers" it is a interesting look into the events that shaped them and Gordon. The fate of Valentine Baker and Gordon were entwined in the Sudan, Samuel in Africa. Also making an appearance is Fred Burnaby, also a "Gentlemen Adventurer" in his own right, who dies at the battle of Abu Klea in 1885.

Overall an interesting book for insights into the Baker Brothers & Gordon.

*** PATROLS IN THE SUDAN 15MM**

A little bit more done. The 4 stands of British Foot Scouts are 90% done, and the Officer stands are 75% done. Then I need to do the Gardner Gun stands. I am also making extra Fuzzy Wuzzy stands from the figures Hugh gave me. I got some Egyptian Infantry to make later, in case I want to use them with British Officers or battles from the Egyptian Revolt in 1882.

***THE SWORD AND THE FLAME 25MM***

The next to last batch of FW spearmen are 90% done. Then the Command and Riflemen. I am also working on my Tuareg Arabs from Askari. They are maybe 70% finished.

***FLAMES OF WAR 15MM***

I need to put my Italians back in to work schedule. I have my 88's, finish up the DAK tanks I got from Tim, my German AT guns and the extra Italian tanks I have. Also several aircraft are whining at me. After I finish the Fuzzy Wuzzys, the Italians need to be put back in.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment