Thursday, April 30, 2015

Goodbye Mr. Harold...

   This post is dedicated to the memory of one of my Best Friends, Harold Hildebrand, who passed away April 18th. He lost his battle with illness that kept him in the hospital for (approx.) 18th months, from 2006 into 2007.

 
   I had met him through another friend of mine at the Strategicon Game Conventions but really didn't get to know him till later, when he was still in the hospital. I would go visit him there, get him something if he needed it to work on while he recovered. When he finally got to go home, I discovered he was living only 5 minutes away from me! And so we got together often, play games, painting miniatures, etc. Harold was one of those guys everyone would want to have in their game group/club as he was a gracious winner or loser. He was fun to play with or against and liked to just have a "fun" game. 

  My world is a little smaller without him and I will missed him dearly. Now who will I go with to "Mama's Sushi" during "Happy Hour"?

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment